Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated (the “Sorority”) has designed a process for the selection, intake, and education of women who aspire to membership in the Sorority. The goal of the process is to inform new members of the history, policies and procedures important to membership in the Sorority. Potential members of the Sorority have the right to participate in the process in environments that are not intentionally harmful.
Individuals who engage in hazing activities risk sanctions by the Sorority and criminal sanctions.
Hazing in any form or fashion is contrary to the philosophy and objectives of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated, and as such, the Sorority emphatically prohibits and denounces hazing.
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority defines hazing as any action or activity which:
- brings about physical, mental, emotional or psychological harm to the potential member or is humiliating in its intent;
- is vulgar, abusive, physically exhausting or dangerous;
- materially disrupts an individual’s academic, professional, and personal endeavors;
- abridges a person’s moral, religious or dietary beliefs;
- compels an individual to break the rules and regulations of her college or university, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Incorporated or other entities; or
- is defined as hazing under applicable laws.
Members of the Sorority who become aware of hazing activities have a responsibility to report the activity to the Chapter Basileus, State Director, and Regional Director, as applicable, for further investigation.Discipline Policy