- National Programs
- News & Events
March for Babies Campaign
2019 Campaign Theme: Get On-Board for Babies and Moms!
Why Zeta, Why Now? 99 Reasons Why!
We are not pessimistic. The light we see at the end of the tunnel is not from an oncoming train. ZETAS are OPTIMISTIC! The light signals HOPE!
Calling Zetas, Amicae, and Youth to Get On-Board and do one step better than last year – one more dollar, one more visit to the NICU, one more opportunity to encourage a first-time Mom or Dad and one more time on THIS side of Zeta’s 100 years of Scholarship, Service, Sisterhood and Finer Womanhood to break even more records!
March of Dimes Mission
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies.
WON’T STOP VIDEO
Disparities & Statistics: The Situation is Real
We must address disparities in preterm birth to reduce preterm birth rates and to lower infant mortality in the U.S.
- Babies born to black women in the US are nearly 1.5 times as likely to be born too soon compared to babies born to white women.
- More than 1 in 8 black infants are born prematurely compared to 1 in 10 for all babies.
- In 2015 in the US, the preterm birth rate among black women was 13.4 percent, compared to the national average of 9.6 percent.
On an average day in the United States…
- About every eight seconds, a baby is born.
- Every hour, about three babies die.
- African-American infants are more than two times as likely as white infants to die before their first birthday.
- Birth defects account for one in five infant deaths.
- About one in ten infants is born preterm (less than 37 completed weeks gestation).
- About every 4½ minutes, a baby is born with a birth defect.
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority & the March of Dimes: A 47-Year National Service Partnership
- Stork’s Nest – Founded in 1971
- Partners with MOD since 1972
- March for Babies National Walk Team launched in 1998
- Zeta Prematurity Awareness Program began in 2003
Alpha/Zeta Challenge: A Rivalry Unlike Any Other!
Since 2006 Zeta Phi Beta Sorority has been recognized as the number one Adult Service Partner by the March of Dimes over the men of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity for eight years! Our International Grand Basileus Valerie Hollingsworth-Baker received the 2018 Challenge plaque delivered and presented by Stacey Stewart President of March of Dimes. Let’s get it again in 2019!
Get Started. Get Inspired.
Zeta’s March for Babies Webpage on the MOD Website and Team Search
Zeta Phi Beta and Stork’s Nest on the March of Dimes Website
General March for Babies
Deadline Date to Remember
Tuesday, June 25, 2019
#missionpossible #zetarevolution #onezeta #letswork
We Wanna See and Celebrate!
Send pictures, flyers and M4B events to:
Dr. Irish Spencer, National March of Dimes Director
Zeta National MOD Leadership
Dr. Irish Spencer
National March of Dimes Director
Latasha “Tash” Wilson Lane
National March of Dimes Consultant
Zeta Regional March of Dimes Representatives
|Atlantic Region||Maliyka Muhammad|
|Eastern Region||Nikisha J. Baily|
|Great Lakes Region||Jennifer Wright|
|Midwestern Region||Emma Barger-Ridley|
|Pacific Region||Nicole Mealing|
|South Central Region||Mary A. Foster|
|Southeastern Region||Kimberly Morris|
|Southern Region||Knesha Rose-Davison|